18 monthsPosted: November 26, 2013
18 months. A year and a half. We’ve entered a new clothing size – the last size to be measured in months.
How Henry feels about being 18 months old:
Favorite foods: Bananas. Blueberries. Annie’s cheddar bunnies. And he’d eat pancakes every hour on the hour if we let him.
Favorite toys: Swiffer, tea bags, spice jars, hot cocoa canisters, dot pens, bouncing turtle (that he has begun standing on), Noah’s Ark, dump truck at school, anything he can or can’t stand on, anything he’s not supposed to play with.
Favorite activities: Reading, sweeping, taking tea bags out of their box and putting them back in, stacking hot cocoa canisters, moving spice jars from one flat surface to another, opening and closing doors and drawers (we’ve been spending a lot of time in the kitchen together), turning lights on and off, taking baths, singing in his stroller, counting, watching Tony Awards performances on YouTube.
Then there are the words:
Manana, cackah, tuh-tay-ta, mik, joosh, dow, no-no, uh-oh, bye-bye, aah daah, moe, eet, baou, Mommy, Daddy, ot, Bown Bow, Man-uh-nine, beep beep, toot toot, step, dot doo, dee aahn, and mine.
Translation: Banana, cracker, potato, milk, juice, down, no-no, uh-oh, bye-bye, all done, more, eat, ball, Mommy, Daddy, hot, Brown Bear, Madeline, beep beep, toot toot, step, thank you, the end, and mine.
How Henry currently makes us laugh:
- Singing only “all through the town” in “The Wheels on the Bus.”
- Shaking his finger when he says “no-no.”
- Clapping whenever a song, any song, is finished.
- Dancing anytime any music comes on.
- Eating entire pears and apples, including stems.
- How proud of himself he is when he climbs onto something new or stands on something not meant to be stood on.
- How strongly he feels his feelings.
- That he’s ticklish on his baby butt.
- Waving to everyone when he enters or leaves a room.
Oh my gosh I love this kid.